With Easter quickly approaching, I wanted to be sure and share this recipe early on in the week as it will surely guarantee a visit from the Easter bunny! I made this for the boys and they thought it was so funny that it was called “bunny bait” which was later just changed to “bunny food” (have they no appreciation for how much more clever “bait” is than “food”?!). For a little bit they were actually pretending to be bunnies themselves and nibbling the bait right out of their cups…charming. Then it just turned into Griffin pretending to be a puppy, which isn’t a new development, but rather how he spends 99.9% of his days. It was a yummy snack that the boys really enjoyed! After one bite Griffy exclaimed that he “loved it so much!” He’s been adding “so much” when he says his regular “I love you’s”, recently, and you wouldn’t believe how extraordinarily sweet he sounds. It makes my heart melt. End of mommy gush. For another yummy Easter treat check out these Easter Egg Treats, I made last year.
- 1 bag popcorn, popped
- 6 oz. white chocolate candy coating
- 1 bag Easter M&Ms
- pretzel sticks, broken into small pieces
- colorful sprinkles, if desired
1. Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl with the broken up pretzels and M&Ms. Heat the candy coating in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each time, until melted and smooth.
2. Drizzle the candy coating over the popcorn mixture and stir to coat. The pretzels and M&Ms will sink to the bottom, so make sure to get those stirred in and coated with the rest of the popcorn.
3. Spread out on a large piece of wax paper, top with a few sprinkles (if desired) and let cool. Break into pieces and serve in a large bowl.